BooSt Together for Children Volunteer Board Member
BooSt Together for Children is the local area board for Early Childhood Iowa in Boone and Story Counties. We fund from birth to five year old children services such as home visiting, preschool scholarships, crisis care, training and consultation to improve the quality of child care. We are looking for a citizen of Boone of Story County to be a representative of an Early Childhood Iowa Board who is not an elected official or a paid staff member of an agency. The responsiblities of the board member will include:
- Attend all meetings of the Board and assigned committees;
- Notify the Board Chairperson or the area director of absences in advance, if possible;
- Thoroughly review meeting agendas and all support materials to be prepared to contribute to the discussion of issues and business to be addressed;
- Represent the Board in a positive and supportive manner at all times and in all places.
- Keep the Board Chairperson and / or area director informed of community concerns or issues that are relevant to the Board;
- Recognize conflicts of interest between the position as a Board member, personal, and professional activities. If such conflict arises, declare that conflict before the Board and refrain from voting on matters in which a conflict exists.
Applications are available online: https://www.boostforchildren.org/about-us/boost-together-for-children-board