Boone County Extension Director
The purpose of this position is to provide Extension educational programming in Boone County, Iowa within the guidelines of the Counties and Iowa State University Extension’s Mission.
This is a full time position in Boone County. Office is located at 1327 SE Marshall Street in Boone.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Respond to client requests for technical assistance
- Write grants, as well as works with others to help secure resources (volunteers, contracts, grants, and donations) to support identified needs at county level, and to manage those resources once obtained
- Supervise and coordinate county paid employees and conducts day to day management, including facility needs
- Keeps the respective County Extension Council aware of activities , programming and issues on a periodic basis
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Regional Extension Education Director (REED)
- Assisting the REED in coordinating work flow with ISUE program specialists in the county
- Actively look for emerging needs in the county, informing the Council and the REED of those opportunities
- Other duties as determined in conjunction with the County Extension Council to meet the mission of each County Extension and Iowa State University Extension
- Travel required
- Responsibilities with the County 4-H program and county fair
- Report and evaluate the impact of programs as requested by councils
- This position reports to the County Extension Council in Boone County with input from the REED.
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in at least one field aligning with Extension subjects
- 3 years work relevant experience, with evidence of supervising employees or volunteers
- Evidence of volunteering
- Good written, oral and customer relations communication skills
- Up-to-date computer skills in Microsoft Word, MS Excel, Internet and E-mail applications
- Pass a back ground check
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Required to work outside of a normal work schedule. The successful candidate will be expected to successfully manage their schedule including some evenings and weekends
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Previous Extension Education experience
- Experience and understanding of Extension’s programs
- 4-H experience as a member, parent or volunteer
- Computer experience with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Powerpoint and Filemaker Pro
- Coursework in education with experience in formal and/or non-formal teaching
- County paid position with benefits according to personnel policy
- Competitive salary
Application form is available at 1327 SE Marshall Street in Boone, Iowa (515-432-3882) or on the website at www.extension.iastate.edu/boone. EEO/AA employer. Cover Letter, resume and application should be submitted by December 2, 2019 or until the position is filled to Rich Wrage, at the address above or via e-mail at email@example.com.