To provide support and assistance to loan officers in the processing and maintenance of commercial, real estate and consumer loans and related documents.
- Assist loan officers with loan origination, closing and maintenance. This includes; gathering information necessary for underwriting, closing or post-closing, booking loans, tracking insurance, collateral and financial statements for commercial, real estate, home equity and consumer loans.
- Follow procedures through efficiency of workflow from lending officer to set up and maintain commercial, real estate and consumer loans and files.
- Ensure accuracy of loan accounting records, including account balancing, and timely payment of invoices.
- Process lending transactions that include payments, advances and payoffs, .
- Process daily insurance notices.
- Process mail payments on a daily basis.
- Reconcile loan processing accounts.
- Responsible for scanning loan documents and maintaining complete and organized electronic records.
- Assist loan officers in collection of past due accounts through notices.
- Provide back-up to other loan support positions as needed.
- Promote a positive bank image through community involvement.
- Open new accounts as needed and in the Saturday rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Associate’s degree preferred, or related experience in loan documentation.
- Prior customer service experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, coworkers, attorneys, insurance agents, abstractors, participating banks and other professionals (verbal and written).
- Organizational skills that facilitate working under pressure and performing several tasks simultaneously in an accurate manner.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Word.
- Basic math skills: add, subtract, and divide.
- Communication skills and problem solving ability.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to operate office equipment as necessary to complete essential duties listed above.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Physical Demands & Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently, required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employees will frequently use and talk on the telephone and use a computer and other office equipment. The employee may occasionally be required to drive a vehicle.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently, located inside an office building. The employee is also occasionally exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time and may occasionally have to drive a vehicle.